- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12.5 ounce) package frozen sandwich steak meat
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 4 slices American cheese, halved
- 2 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Heat skillet with the tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Break frozen steak pieces into skillet; cook and stir until steak is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange egg roll wrappers on a flat surface; place a half slice of cheese on each one.
- Layer an equal amount of steak mixture on top of each cheese slice.
- Roll up egg rolls according to package directions, and seal edges, wetting with water if necessary.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove; drain on paper towels. Serve warm with ketchup for dipping.
- Per Serving: 779 calories; 39.2 g fat; 66.3 g carbohydrates; 38.6 g protein; 106 mg cholesterol; 1213 mg sodium.
You can save it to your Pinterest related boards to help people see it!
[pinterest-image message=”These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are made with rib eye steak, onions, peppers and provolone cheese, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The ultimate appetizer or game day snack! ” align=”center” image=”https://mmmbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Copy-of-Cheesesteak-Eggrolls.png”]